SIMS - Students Improving Milan Schools
Students in the 3rd and 4th grades at Milan C-2 are invited to attend SIMS. SIMS (Students Improving Milan Schools), is an after school club that meets on Mondays from 3:10 - 4:10 pm, typically twice each month and occasionally three times (depending on the activities planned). Students interested in attending must have a completed permission slip turned in.
This program provides an opportunity for students to actively participate in various leadership roles in both their school and community. Since we are a Leader In Me school, students will be actively engaged in some of the decision making processes and suggesting activities.
Activities that have been done in the past:
- Collect, trim, and send in box tops -- In the past, proceeds from box tops have been used for various playground equipment and miscellaneous items within our school.
- Trash pick-ups on the playground and around the school grounds
- Cleaning and disinfecting student desks in classrooms
- Cleaning and disinfecting door handles and railings in hallways
- Making lap blankets and cards for our local nursing home residents
I also look forward to new suggestions from students!